Aloo lauki ki sabji (Potato bottle gourd recipe) is salty and delicious recipe. This recipe is a fun and quick recipe to eat. If you want to prepare a meal in a short time and tie it to an office tiffin or children’s school tiffin, you can make aloo lauki ki sabji recipe.
This recipe is easy to make, today we are going to make potato bottle gourd recipe easily. So, what are the ingredients and recipe to make this recipe? Let’s see.
Ingredients : Aloo lauki ki sabji
2 medium sized potatoes.
2 medium size tomatoes.
Oil 2 tablespoons.
Onion paste one spoon.
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp.
Green chili chopped.
Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
Red chili powder 1 teaspoon.
Coriander powder a teaspoon.
Garam masala 1 teaspoon.
Fresh Coriander bit
Method: How To Make Aloo Lauki Ki Sabji
1. Remove the skin of the gourd and cut the bottle gourd into medium pieces.
2. Peel the skin on top of the potato and cut the potato into medium pieces.
3. Now to make aloo lauki ki sabji recipe, heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and fry for 20 seconds when the oil is hot.
4. Now add onion paste and cook for a minute while stirring with a spoon.
5. After one minute add ginger garlic paste and roast it for 1 minute. (Roast well until the masala is cooked)
6. Now the masala is cooked well then add chopped green chilies, chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt as per taste, coriander powder, garam masala and cook till the tomatoes become soft. This process will take 2 to 3 minutes.
7. When the tomatoes are soft enough, add potatoes and gourd pieces and cook, stirring well for one minute.
8. Now add 100 ml of water and shake with a spoon to soften the potato and gourd. Now close the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Potatoes and gourd will soften well.
9. Now open the pan and see the potato gourd recipe is ready.
10. Remove it in a serving bowl and garnish with fresh green coriander and eat.
Tips For Potato Bottle Gourd Recipe.
We have made Aloo lauki ki sabji (Potato bottle gourd recipe) dry, you can also keep gravy if you want and cook 250 ml water instead of 100 ml water for gravy.
We have used both green chilli and red chilli powder in potato gourd recipe. You cannot add green chilies if you want, if you do not like to eat more chilies.